Wednesday, November 23, 2005

finding love on the radio

I'm listening to The Bounce (although I am in absolutely no condition to move - let alone bounce - at the moment) and it is the old school lunch hour, or whatever. They're playing No Mercy right now (I used to LOVE that CD!) and some chick just called in to request C+C Music Factory (I STILL love that CD!). Woo hoo! Now they're playing that train song, you know, the "c'mon and train, and ride it" song? Quad City DJs! Yay for the radio.

An hour and a half ago I was supposed to be at an interview for a new job. What? you say. You were supposed to be at an interview? Yes, I was supposed to be. Unfortunately, I woke up with the WORST case of *censored* I have ever experienced in my entire life. Seriously, there was a couple of moments that I was absolutely 100% certain I was going to die. I'm still a little unsure. Since this is the second attempt at getting to this place for an interview, in as many days, I think I'm going to call it a wash and figure the fates have something else planned for me.

I should probably call in sick to work but I have this insane guilt complex that simply won't allow it. This guilt complex rules my life. I'd rather stay home and just rest and watch cartoons and listen to ABBA, but since I'm feeling a mite better, I no longer feel justified in taking the day off. Grrr.

Last night was Sarah Slean. In concert. Myer Horowitz. She is like porcelain perfection, her arms and hands such a pale white that when she would langour over the keys of her piano it was dificult to tell where the instrument ended and her fingers began. She is touring without a band, so it was just her and her piano and her beautiful, beautiful voice. Girl can sing, as Josh and I so sagely observed. When I was watching her perform, I kept trying to write about it in my head... tried to use new words to describe what I was seeing, but there are no words. Or, I'm just a really shitty writer.

Last CD I purchased: Gogol Bordello
Last movie I watched: It Should Happen to You (Jack Lemmon's first movie)
Last book I read: AHWOSG by Dave Eggers (in bits and pieces, blah) and Princess In Pink by Meg Cabot from front to back
Currently Reading: Feal the Fear and Do It Anyways
Currently in my CD Player: Queens of the Stoneage

5 Things I Want
Rebel Man
Damhnait Doyle's first cd
a new job
a good night's sleep
SOMETHING TO EAT

--> just a side note... is it common knowledge that Eddie Murphy has an actual SONG that he actually sang in, like, the 80's? because, seriously, I didn't know about it until today.

1 Comments:

At 9:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Natalie,

Thank you! You are the best little blogger I ever did see. That is of course, when you actually write entries! Keep 'em coming.

Night night,
Kent

 

Post a Comment

<< Home