Tuesday, October 25, 2005

see me through

Months and months ago Anne, a friend of mine from work, told me all about her very nice, very French cousin Daniel who was moving to Edmonton and who, coincidentally, she thought would be great for me. Well, there was no further mention of him, so I forgot all about it... until this weekend. Apparently, after getting hung up in Ontario for some reason or other, Daniel (pronounced Danielle because he's French) is now settled in Edmonton. And, Anne plans on bringing him by the store tomorrow night to meet me.

Really and truly, I doubt she'll follow through. She's been promising to bring me eclairs from her other job for the last two or three weeks, and has yet to do so (yum, eclairs). So, I'm not entirely worried. But what if she does bring him by? Maybe six months ago I would be more confident, but the way I've been the last few months, I am so not in a place where I can handle having my face rubbed in a big steaming pile of rejection. And, honestly, that is all I can expect from this situation.

Had a good class today. I haven't written a stitch for our assignment, due Nov. 15, and I'm starting to worry. I just don't know what to write about... where to start. I'm even procrastinating about writing about how I can't figure out what to write, and am periodically switching from this screen over to iTunes so that I can surf podcasts.

I don't want to go to work tomorrow. I really, really don't. Not to avoid the slight chance of meeting Anne's cousin, but because I don't like my job, and I just want to stay home and lay in bed and do nothing. *sigh*

2 Comments:

At 11:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Natalie,

1. Be more confident. Plain and simple.
2. Start writing about the feeling you get when you are tickled.
3. I want an iPod nano!
4. If you don't like your job, find one somewhere else and then quit the current one (preferably using a smoke bomb and some lasers if possible, you know, for dramatic effect).
5. Goodnight.

Kent.

 
At 12:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmm. Eclairs! :-)

-Stephen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home