Tuesday, October 11, 2005

One Good Love erases all

I'm listening to my new Rascal Flatts CD. It was on sale @ HMV so with a bit of conspiring with Josh I was able to purchase it for only $10! After listening to it about a dozen times in the last few days, I can say that I've gotten my money's worth. Every song but for one is about love, which isn't exactly rare, but still... most bands throw in a song with some sort of political commentary, a song about death, something like that. But not these guys. Anyways, listening to all these love songs for the last few days has me thinking about *love* (not that I don't think about Love enough, as it is) and I remembered this list I compiled when I was avoiding doing homework one night last year. The list, which remains untitled, is of all the boys and (a few) men that I have had feelings for. Feelings as in the mushy gushy.
Since this is lame, I understand if anyone reading stops reading at this point.

In order of appearance (as best as I can recollect):
Matthew Sparrow (had a twin brother who bit a hole in my tights at daycare), Carl (used to pull on my braids in grade 1), Scott E. (used to chase him around the playground in grade 3... tee hee), Mr. Miller (my grade 4 homeroom and music teacher -- I just realized he was the first musician I ever loved!), Matthew Stevely. Clayton. Sometimes I think the world shifted, changed, when I met him.

Doug (grade 8), Jace, Raymond, Alex H. (he always made me laugh), Troy (my big jr. high crush), Lloyd (Grade 10), Benjy, Chad, T.M., Jared, Ray, Dave (my 'boyfriend' of one day), Neal (from McDonalds), Richard (cute redhead with great taste in music), Tim (Lloyd's best friend), Ian, Andy, Jared B., Ryan... my second heartquake. Jacek, Mike, Noah, Jon (the first Jon, and my favourite), Dave G. (my first younger man), John (my first older man), Michael... my third heartquake. Nick, Josh H., Jeremy, Jari, Craig, Danny, P., Jon (from HMV), Dan, J. from school, Scott... my fourth (and last?) great heartquake. Clayton (from work), Michael (the philosopher), Rebel Man (sigh), Curtis (I suppose I should count him even though he's a jerkface), and Jim.

Feels strange not to be *interested* in anyone right now. I still lust after Rebel Man, but when I barely ever see him I don't think it really counts. I hate letting my heart languish for too long... please lord, send me someone sweet to love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home