Thursday, September 22, 2005

Bloody Murder

I think this is one of the most beautiful animals on the planet:
http://www.rocinantestravels.com/Gallery/008_South_Africa/pages/CRW_8132_Impala.htm
I was looking for a picture to put in here hoping that it would make Josh laugh whenever he happens to check out my blog, and found myself looking at some pretty disturbing things. After typing "impala" in the google image search, I found that a fair chunk of pictures the search brought up are of hunters with their kills -- dead impala after dead impala. According to one site, if me and my killer instincts can't make it out there ourselves, for $300 US (presumably) I can actually order for myself a genuine African "trophy" -- a mounted impala head to hang on the wall.

I let myself cry and cry because every day my frustration with humankind grows further into disgust and this is just so much more than my heart can take.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home