Sunday, October 02, 2005

i was born a housecat, by the sleight of my mother's hand

I am just listening to Jann Arden's "Living Under June", one of my favourite cds and also one of those classic albums comprised entirely of songs you can so totally relate to. It is also very singable, much to the misfortune of my brother who is having to listen to me sing from the other room. Looking at the track listings on the back of the cd I realize that I could probably use each song name as a chapter title in the story of my life http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:d7ivad6ky8wn I can't wait to see her @ the Winspear in a couple of weeks!

So. News.
The Mystery of the Mysterious Visitor (a very redundant title, I'll admit) was solved on Friday. Much to my disappointment, it turned out to be the Wainwright guy. *sigh* All my romantic fantasies dashed to the dirty ground (ie. the floor of Chapters). I had let my pathetic imagination run away with itself and allowed one (thankfully secret) thin slippery thread of hope twine itself around my anterior papillary muscle, leading to this nagging feeling of foolishness every time I think about it. Hmm. I fear the nagging feeling of foolishness is fast approaching -- I am going to google Jeremy Sisto. http://mycoolworld.tripod.com/jeremy1.htm

Went out with Lorraine and Stephanie last night, and had a totally fun time. I love those days where I am surrounded by all my favourite people. We did dinner (Red Robin), movie(40y/oVirgin), dessert(mmm. cake) -- I am so glad Stephanie came with us. She and Lorraine really get along, which I am so glad about. Yay! Jill came and hung out with me on her break at work, and we chatted a bit about stuff... the meaning of life and all that, then to lighten things up a bit, our nearly non-existent screenplay. I got to hang out with Jo on my break, and Josh called, so I got to talk to him, too! And, I gave Lisa a fare-thee-well phone call just before she left for her trip to Florida. Ahh... I live for all these connections.

Today, I was invited over to Rianne's house for a 'hooker' party, which is slang talk for chicks who get together and crochet! I've never done it before, so Rianne had to teach me, but she was very patient (thankfully). It was so nice, just sitting and crafting away, eating yummy cookies and listening to Rianne and her friends talk about people from their hometown... Normally in situations where I'm with people who all know eachother better than I know any of them, I feel kind of excluded, but I totally didn't with these girls. I liked just leaning back and laughing at their banter. The only time I felt a little bit lame was when I realized I was the only one without a boyfriend about whom I could share charming - read, amusing - anecdotes.

There's this absolutely perfect house on Cape Breton Island that is up for sale. It's beautiful, right across from water, with green grass and white siding, and a little front porch. Just right for me.

1 Comments:

At 7:43 AM, Blogger quidseeker said...

I loved reading this.....was drawn by the title. Hope you found your boyfriend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home